||Practicum and Seminar in Dental Assisting II
||Spring term 2013/14
||3/31/2014 - 6/13/2014
||4:00PM - 5:50PM
||Estimated Fees: (see Notes)
||Students work an average of 13 hours per week in a host site (135 hours per term) as part of the dental team. Duties will be assigned according to the student’s skill level and the work needs of the host site. Students experience first-hand the various operations within a dental office primarily as chair-side dental assistants, but practicum experience may include receptionist duties and bookkeeping. Students will expand their skill sets during the sequence: entry-level and some mid-level duties are appropriate for students enrolled in DA152; mid-level and advanced duties, which may include exposing and processing radiographs, taking alginate impressions and pouring stone models, assisting during surgical procedures, and lab preparation for the expanded function class, are appropriate for students enrolled in DA153. Moderated by an instructor, seminars are designed to define expectations, discuss progress, and evaluate current practicum experiences.
- DA102A or DA102B
- Additional hours outside of scheduled class time required for credit. See instructor for details.
- Admission to Dental Assistant program is required to register. Visit www.roguecc.edu/dental for information.
- Additional $350 fee required plus applicable college fees.
- Seminars meet on January 17, February 14, and March 21, 6-7:50 p.m., in Room A-21 on the Riverside Campus.
- Corequisites: DA104, DA105, DA106 and DA201A.
- The Estimated Fees listed are specifically for this class and do not include general registration fees such as the College Services Fee:
or Distance Learning Fee:
- $20 for no credit hours
- $60 for 1 to 5 credit hours
- $100 for 6 to 11 credit hours
- $140 for 12 or more credit hours
- $10 per credit up to 4 credits
||View Books for DA152-U1
Continue Shopping |
RCC Building Locations |
Student Resources Menu | Bookstore